A First...

Welcome to my first ever Blog! I am excited to be jumping into a new and exciting realm of technology and science. Enjoy!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Blog Reviews

Blog Reviews


On that note, I want to thank everyone for all of their hard work and the intellectual stimulation that has occurred over the past 6 weeks.

Blog Review One:

"Life in Alaska" by Wayne was very easy to read, well organized and had wonderful images placed throughout his writing. It was apparent that you had put time into truly understanding the topic and included useful images when it was necessary. I did not feel overwhelmed by the information or by the media that you used to support your thoughts. The two images that stood out to me in VII with the image showing the projected ice melt for the Arctic and the image of the polar bear jumping, WOW! Image of ice loss in the Arctic... upsetting; Image of a Polar Bear jumping from floating ice to floating ice... unforgettable; image depicting George W. Bush as clueless... priceless!


I enjoyed exploring the links that you provided and appreciated that you took the time to find other links to share with us. This is something that I wish I would have been comfortable doing sooner.
Lastly, the awards that you gave for the blog pages were great. I enjoyed getting a feel for your sense of humor (adult content intro, who knew)!

Blog Review Two:

"Alaska Melting Pot" by Collauna was very concise and in-depth (although, I was probably a bit biased since I was lucky enough to work with Collauna in Sitka at Answer Camp last summer). I was intrigued and excited by her sharing of information. I loved (and looked forward to) her connection to local Alaska Native history and appreciated her sincerety when discussing the connection to her culture. I looked forward to reading her blogs because I knew the wealth of knowledge that she has to share about traditional methods and her dedication to the Tlingit culture. It was also wonderful to hear another perspective from the Southeast region of our extremely diverse state! Her blog was another great example of the wealth of resources that are available if you take the time to look. One of my favorite postings was her last posting that shared the link to the migration story of the Tlingit people and her personal connection to the Tlingit from the Hoonah area. Thank you for sharing your history with us in order to allow us to expand our knowledge!

1 comment:

  1. Great choices! I also really enjoyed Collauna's cultural connections.

    ReplyDelete